1. Sauté chopped onion and garlic in Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil just until it’s translucent.
2. Add the Ciao Authentica Crushed Tomatoes and bring it to a slow boil uncovered.
3. Once the sauce is bubbling, partially cover the pot by leaving the cover a little sideways on top so it’s not completely sealed. Add salt and pepper to taste and let simmer.
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Beat the eggs and add them to the chopped meat.
3. Slowly mix in the other ingredients, leaving the breadcrumbs for last.
4. Mix with your hands slowly dissolving the breadcrumbs until you get the right consistency for rolling into meatballs. If it feels dry, add another egg. The mix should feel soft.
5. Bake your meatballs on a sheet pan lined with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
6. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Turn them and bake for another 20 minutes. Try not to burn the balls in the oven! Maybe check at 15 minutes first and turn if they are burning.
7. Remove the meatballs from oven and add them to the sauce. If there is grease/oil at the bottom of the pan I add that to the sauce for flavor.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil again, then simmer at a very low flame for as long as possible. Taste along the way. Add salt if necessary. If preferred, add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Meet the chef
Meet the chef