2. Combine the first parts of the water and ice and add them to the mixer. Mix on speed 2 for 6 minutes. Then, turn off the mixer and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, turn the mixer on speed 1. Combine the second parts of the water and ice, add them to the mixer, and mix for 5 minutes on speed 2 until well-combined.
4. Add the salt and mix for 5 minutes on speed 1.
6. Take the dough out of the mixer and place it in a large container/proofing bin for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, divide and scale your dough balls into your desired size.
8. Place the dough balls in dough trays and cover them. Allow the dough balls to rest for at least 1 hour at room temperature before placing them in the refrigerator for a minimum of 24 hours.
9. Remove the dough balls from the refrigerator at least 3 hours before you intend to use them so they can come to room temperature.
10. Once the dough has come to room temperature, stretch your dough, top it, and transfer it to a pala peel.
10. Cover the trays and allow the dough to rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size, at least 4-6 hours.
11. Transfer your pizza from the pala peel to the oven and bake at 575F for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. You can also par bake your pinsa for 4-5 minutes then allow it to cool to room temperature and either freeze them or leave them on a rack until you are ready to use them
12. Remove your pizza from the oven, slice, serve and enjoy!
Meet the chef
Meet the chef