Making the Dough:
2. Add the sea salt and the remaining water.
3. When the dough is hard and smooth, slowly add the Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Continue mixing until the mass is thoroughly combined and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
4. Be careful not to overwork or overheat the dough during this process which should take no longer than 24 minutes.
5. Remove the dough from the mixer and place it in a container with a lid. Cover the dough to prevent it from forming a crust.
6. Place the container in the refrigerator and let the dough rest for 48 hours.
7. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and divide and scale it into 1.1kg dough balls.
8. Place the dough balls in dough trays and let them rise for another 24 hours in the refrigerator.
9. After the leavening process is complete, place the dough balls on Roman in Teglia pans (around 16″x24″).
10. Gently stretch the dough balls into the trays making sure they are evenly stretched into all corners and sides.
Topping and Baking:
1. Spread and even layer of the Ciao Authentica Crushed Tomatoes on the dough leaving a 1/2″ border around the edges.
3. Bake at 610F for 10 minutes until the crust is golden-brown.
4. When the pizza is ready, add hand pulled pieces of the Torre Lupara Buffalo Mozzarella and fresh basil leaves.
4. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Meet the chef
Meet the chef