Roman Pizza 'in Teglia'
- 25 Kg - Flour - 55 Lbs (100%)
- 21 Liters - Water - 46.3Lbs (84%)
- 125 g - Yeast (fresh) - 4.4 oz (0.5%)
- 650 g - Salt - 23 oz (2.6%)
- 600 g - Olive Oil - 21 oz (2.4%)
- Place the flour in the mixer bowl and crumble the yeast
- Have the water a 35F (maybe add ice to get the water that cold)
- Let’s start to having the dough at 60% hydro, so add only 15L now start the mixer at slow speed
- Once the dough is create add the salt
- After 2 min increase the speed of the mixer and add the rest of the water gradually
- Once all the water is absorbed by the dough add the olive oil
- When all is in we will stop the mixer and every 15 min we’ll turn on the mixer for 1 min at slow speed. repeat the process 3 times.
- Place the dough in one deep container and let stay at room temp for 1h before put in the cooler for 24h
- After 24h fold the dough and place back in the cooler for another 24h
- 24h later take the dough out and shape in the desire size (1300g 3Lb)
- Let proof at room temp until is ready to use
- Stretch in the semola and place in the pan
- Top with the tomato and part back at 550 for 7 min
- When the crust start to have a brown color add the mozzarella or other toppings and finish to bake.