- 25 Kg - Flour - 55 Lbs (100%)
- 15 Lt - Water - 33 Lbs (60%)
- 125 g - Yeast - 4.5 oz (0.5%)
- 500 g - Olive oil - 17 oz (2%)
- 625 g - Salt - 22 oz (2.50%)
- Place water in mixer bowl and melt the yeast
- Then add the flour at slow speed an mix for 4 min
- Cover the dough and let it sit for 20 minutes
- After 20 min sprinkle dough with salt and mix for additional 4 min
- After 4 min min slowly drizzle in olive oil and mix for additional 5 min until the gluten is developed and oil is completely integrated into the dough
- Place the dough on the table, cover and allow to rest for 30 min before dividing and rounding
- Divide and round dough, place in the trays and brush with oil.
- Place in cooler
- Let ferment in the cooler at 40 degrees F for min 24h and will improve over 48-72 hours
One thought on “Autolyse Americana”
What kind of wheat is used to make Caputo “00” Americana? Is this available in retail outlets? Do you sell it for the home pizza maker?