Neapolitan pizza is a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG) product in Europe, and the art of its making is included on UNESCO‘s list of intangible cultural heritage. This style pizza gave rise to the New York-style pizza that was first made by Italian immigrants to the United States in the early 20th century.
Why Tipo 1
Tipo 1 is an homage to the age old method of stone ground flours. Employing modern milling technique with the tradition of creating a flour that has added wheat germ and bran, TIPO 1 is a soft wheat flour with a distinctive color, rich wheat flavor and wonderful aroma. Great for use in rustic breads and pizza dough.
Traditional Neapolitan Pizza
- 25 Kg - Flour - 55 Lbs (100%)
- 16,5 Lt - Water - 33 Lbs (66%)
- 750 g - Salt - 0,5 oz (3%)
- 15 g - Yeast (fresh) - 26,4 oz (0.06%)
- Place water in mixer bowl and melt the yeast
- Then add 70% of the flour at slow speed
- After 2 min add the salt
- After 3 min add the rest of the flour
- Until the dough will be nice and smooth
- Total mixing time should be 15 min
- Place the dough on the table and let rest for 30 min
- Divide in the desire size (suggest 250-270g)
- Place the dough balls in trays
- Let ferment at room temperature (65 F) for 8-10h
- Store in the cooler if the usage of the dough will be after 10h
- Remove from the cooler up too 2 hours before using.