Laminated Gluten Free Pasta
- 100 g Caputo Gluten Free
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1/4 Tbsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp (Up to) Water
- 1/2 cup Caputo Rice Flour
- Combine Caputo Gluten Free Flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix to evenly distribute the salt throughout the flour
- Make a small well in the middle of your flour and add your egg.
- Break the egg with your fork and gradually mix to incorporate the flour into the egg.
- If the dough looks to dry add a little water until the dough comes together. You may want to use your hands with a little Caputo Rice Flour to help prevent any sticking.
- Continue mixing the dough until it comes together and has a smooth surface. This can take 5 minutes. Please see Picture #1below.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until needed
- Cut the dough in half and flatten out with your hands to create a disc. Flour with rice flour to prevent any sticking.
- If you are using a Kitchen Aid set your sheeterto the thickest setting and run it through. The first run may cause the dough to break. Simply place the dough on your counter and form this back into a rectangle and run-through the sheeteragain. You may want to run this a few times until it starts to hold its shape.
- Change the setting on your sheeterand work this to its desires thickness. Make sure you dust with rice flour to prevent any sticking.
- Once your sheets are at your desired thickness cut them to the length you would like your pasta to be. Dust with rice flourand let rest on your counter until you are finished with the remaining dough*
- Place your pasta cutter into your Kitchen Aid and run your sheets through. Once they come out dust with rice flour and let rest on a perforated tray or towel. *Please see Picture #3.
*You can roll your pasta out by hand with a rolling pin if you do not have a pasta attachment. Make sure to keep your dough and surface dusted to prevent any sticking.