…I like to blend some of the Caputo double ground semolina for a better mouth feel.
( 5 parts Caputo chef’s flour to 1 part Caputo double ground semolina )
I usually do no add salt to my pasta and just salt and water when i boil the pasta
besides my sauces are usually very flavourful.
- 1 Kg 00 Pasta Flour
- 10 whole eggs
- 500 g Pasta Flour
- 16 Egg yolks
- Pour flour on pastry board and make a hole in the middle, like a volcano
- Place eggs in the middle and work the flour into the eggs a little at a time in a
- circular motion with the tips of your fingers. Be sure not to let the eggs escape
- from your flour.
- Once the eggs are incorporated into the flour, knead until the dough is smooth
- and consistent. Depending on the size of the eggs you might need to add a little
- more flour or another egg to achieve the proper consistency
- Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and allow to rest for a least half an hour
- before rolling it out