- 2 tablespoons evoo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- A 1/4 inch thick slice of guanciale - or pancetta, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide and 1 inch long
- 11/2 cups of CIAO tomatoes
- Chopped hot red chili pepper - to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 pound pasta
- Put the oil, butter, and onion in a saucepan and turn on the heat to medium. Sauté the onion until it becomes colored a pale gold, then add the guanciale. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring once or twice. Add the tomatoes, simmer for 25 min. Taste and correct for salt and hot pepper.
- Toss the pasta with sauce, then add both cheeses, and toss thoroughly again.
“bucatini”. But the penne or rigatoni are the second option.